• 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered
• 1 large cucumber, peeled and halved
• 1 onion, peeled and halved
• 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
• 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
• 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans tomato juice
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup croutons
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a blender combine one tomato, half the cucumber, half the onion, a green bell pepper quarter, the pimento and 1/2 cup tomato juice. Blend at high speed for 30 seconds to puree the vegetables.
2. In a large bowl mix the pureed vegetables with remaining tomato juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt and ground black pepper. Cover mixture and refrigerate until it is well chilled (about 2 hours).
3.Place remaining chopped tomato, cucumber, onion and green bell pepper in separate bowls. Serve soup in chilled bowls, garnish with chives, and serve chopped vegetables and croutons as accompaniments.