Sunday, May 24, 2009

Not Your Average Burger and Potato Salad

Last Monday when I brought up grilling I wasn't thinking about all the grilling people would be doing today. But my sister found these recipes which reminded me- oh ya! Memorial Day!

So, if you were like me and weren't thinking (i.e. you still have to run to the store this morning) I hope you are reading. But if you are a good planner then save this meal for later cause its gonna be good.

I mean I haven't made it yet- I am doin it today- but my taste buds are just watering. Does it gross you out when I say that? For some reason the word "taste bud" gives me the heebie jeebies.

Anyway:

Flank Steak Pinwheels
- Steak, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and Boursin cheese- need I say more?
Aida's Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad- recipe name explains it all- except who is Aida?


Lower Fat Strawberry Shortcake- Ladies- if you are still doing "shortcake" without the shortcake and buying that dry, store bought "cake" you have got to try this. Real shortcake does have lots of butter in it so, I want to try this one that substitutes low fat cream cheese for some of the butter and low fat sour cream for some of the whipping cream.



Also if your kids are handy at pushing the button on the food processor, you can make some of these yummy popsicles to eat outside.

No comments: