Sunday, May 11, 2008

Quick Fix Mac n’ Cheese

I make this all the time when I want an easy, easy- fix meal I feel good about serving and I know my toddler will eat.

I buy Annie’s Homegrown Natural Mac and Cheese. It comes with a white cheese sauce packet so I think the following “fixes” work splendidly. The cottage cheese melts and adds such a nice creamy protein component Mmmmm I am not sure how well this will work with the yellow Kraft macaroni and cheese.

1 box Annie’s Homegrown Natural Shells and Cheese White Cheddar
1 half bunch broccoli
8-10 oz cottage cheese
¼ cup milk

Bowl a pot of water and start the pasta. Roughly cut the broccoli so there is not a lot of “trunk” on each “tree”. Set in a steamer pot and steam until well done (you can break a tree with a fork). Drain the pasta once it is cooked to your taste. Return the pasta to the pot or a large serving bowl. Mix the milk and cottage cheese into the pasta and then add the cheese mixture packet. Once the pasta is well covered in a smooth cheese sauce stir in the broccoli, purposely breaking it was you stir. The broccoli should be broken down enough to stand out in color but not so much in texture.

No comments: