3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger or 1 tablespoon dried
2 1/2- to 3-pound boneless pork loin*
1/2 cup apricot jam
1. Mix together the orange juice, wine, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger in a medium bowl.
2. Place the pork loin in a plastic container just large enough to hold it. Pour the sauce over the pork, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
4. Arrange the pork loin in a roasting pan and pour the sauce over it. Place the pan on the center rack of your oven and roast the loin for 1 hour.
5. While the pork is roasting, place the apricot jam in a small bowl.
6. After 1 hour 15 minutes, remove the roast from the oven. Take 3 tablespoons of pan drippings from the roasting pan and mix it with the jam in the bowl. Spoon the jam mixture over the loin and return it to the oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes more or until the meat reaches a temperature of 150° – 160° F. on a meat thermometer. Let the roast sit for 10 minutes before cutting into 1-inch slices.
• Serve with white, brown, or wild rice.
• Serve steamed snap peas