Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mummy Wraps

I admit I have a sweet tooth- sweets are my downfall to healthy eating. Greasy, salty, fried? Nah I can take it or leave it. But every Halloween my mother would make these simple, tasty Mummy Wraps and I couldn't resist. Whenever I make them for a party they are gone in a flash and I make a mental note to bring double the amount next year.

Ingredients

2 cans (8 oz ) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
16 oz package of cocktail-sized smoked link sausages

Directions

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 triangles. (Imagine you are making pennant shaped triangles.)
2. Place sausage on wide side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at widest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

photo from Pillsbury

No comments: