Sunday, October 26, 2008

Homemade Oreo Cookies


I have no idea where this recipe came from. I got it from my friend Megan Porter after I attended a party in her home and ate almost all of the cookies myself. But I have also found the same recipe in various places online. They are so yummy you may be tempted to take credit for the recipe yourself!

Try orange coloring in your frosting for Halloween!

Ingredients

1 devil's food cake mix
1/2 c. shortening
2 eggs

Directions

Mix the above ingredients together. Roll the dough into balls just a bit bigger than a marble and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool cookies.

Frosting:

8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 square butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 to 4 c. powdered sugar

Mix all of frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost BACKS of cookies and place together to make sandwich cookie.

No comments: